If it is beyond repair, standard radiator replacement cost ranges between $292 and $1193 for both the parts and labor involved in the installation. The average cost for radiator replacement will be near $671. The cost will vary significantly depending on your model of car and the complexity of the work involved.
In order to keep your vehicle running, a temperature balance must be achieved. Integral to this process is radiator repair.
Phoenix is full of its own brand of surprises and radiator problems are definitely not one of the positive ones.
While radiator service is something that certainly doesn’t need to be thought of every day, we feel that all drivers should have a good understanding of what their vehicle needs to stay in the best condition possible.
The Truth About Radiator Maintenance
In truth, radiator maintenance is actually the piece of the puzzle that most drivers are missing. The radiator itself could last the lifetime of the vehicle depending on how well it was maintained, but there are a couple of things which should be done to make sure that your vehicle reaps the benefit of a perfectly functioning radiator.
Because of the role of the radiator in your vehicle’s cooling system, it is well worth the money to make sure that radiator service is not ignored. Luckily, there are only a few things that you as a driver need to keep in mind. We have made a shortlist here for your convenience.
Important to remember about radiator repair:
- Buildup needs to be removed by flushing out the radiator. This is a job that does not need to be done often, but if never conducted can leave your engine prone to overheating.
- A cracked or leaking radiator hose can quickly spell disaster for your vehicle in the form of an engine overheating. Even a pinhole leak, if undetected, can quickly add years of strain to an otherwise healthy engine.
- Because the radiator cap keeps the coolant under pressure, it actually increases the boiling point of the coolant. This is why it is important to make sure that the radiator cap has not aged past the point of usefulness.
- However, more importantly, is the fact that there are a few agents in the solution that stop corrosion inside the radiator itself, and stop silt buildup which can clog your radiator. This is why it is important to drain and refill the coolant from time to time.
Check These On Your Radiator
- Radiator coolant is essentially a mix of water and antifreeze.
- This both lowers the freezing temperature and raises the boiling point.
- Inevitably, buildup will accumulate inside your radiator.
- This is a serious problem because it restricts the flow of coolant and stops the radiator from doing its job.
- Most folks don’t ever think twice about their radiator cap, but it actually provides an important service.
- Make sure to check and replace your radiator cap when needed.
- Checking the integrity of your radiator hoses is extremely important as this is where you have the greatest opportunity for failure.
- Make sure to check and replace your radiator hoses when needed.
Radiator Knowledge Helps Aid In Keeping Your Vehicle in Excellent Condition
We invite you to contact us with any questions you may have about your radiator repairs or maintenance.
Just having a little bit of knowledge when it comes to your radiator gives you more control when it comes to retaining the value of your vehicle. We look forward to helping you keep your vehicle in excellent condition for the years ahead.
Having Radiator Issues?
Our staff will be more than happy to address any concerns you have and give you the information you need to make the right choice for you and your vehicle.
We invite you to contact us if you have any questions about what we can do help with your radiator issues.
Stay involved. . . Ask questions.
Ask as many questions as you need. Do not be embarrassed to request lay definitions.
Don't rush the technician to make an on-the-spot diagnosis. You may ask to be called and apprised of the problem, course of action, and costs before work begins.
Before you leave, be sure you understand all shop policies regarding labor rates, guarantees, and acceptable methods of payment.
Leave a Phone Number
Leave a telephone number where you can be called.